I’ve Landed

It’s been a long time since I last wrote a blog post.  And this is not an easy one to write.  I know I’ve been out of the loop for the last year or so, now it’s time to let you know what’s going on…where I’ve been…and where I am now.

My life has been turned upside down and inside out.  I feel like I’ve been chewed up and spit out.  Baxter’s Papa and I are divorcing.  And I have landed firmly on my feet in Charleston, SC.  Some of you know that my Son and his family are in Charleston.  His family being, beautiful Lee and my new grandson…and sweet Baby Hayes was calling my name.  So, we sold the house in Roseville on the first day of showing (way sooner than we expected) and went into high gear.  At 67 years old I am going through a divorce, sold a house, moved 3000 miles, and bought a house and I’m very slowly getting settled.  It has not been easy…but it’s also been wonderful.  I love Charleston…so beautiful, so friendly, so historic!  I’m a Southern Girl at heart, so in many ways I feel like I’ve come home.

But the best part is being able to spend time with my Son, Lee and Hayes.  I see them regularly and I get to babysit!!!!  He is truly the most beautiful baby!

11742811_10207277416273222_6308316719967681809_nHe’ll be 3 months old tomorrow and I love every minute I get to spend with him.  I’ve also bought a little house and I’m slowly getting things in order…and, of course, Hayes will have his own room at Gramsy’s house!

Here’s my little house:

HouseIt’s a new house in an over 55 community…small, but I LOVE IT!  Pretty plain right now…but you know I’ll make it cute!

I really don’t think anyone is even reading this blog anymore…but that’s OK, it will serve as my journal of my fabulous new life.  It’s pretty ironic that the last post I wrote was about me taking time off to help Baxter’s Papa recover from his open heart surgery…after his nearly fatal Sepsis experience.

15 Comments

1. marianne
    Posted July 22, 2015 at 7:47 PM | Permalink

I’m here and I am reading. So sorry to hear about the divorce. But also happy to hear that you have it all figured out. Your new little house is so darn cute and I am looking forward to hearing about all the love and joy that is about to fill it up.

2. Kristen Butler
    Posted July 22, 2015 at 8:06 PM | Permalink

Dear Sylvia, sounds like a wonderful new adventure. Sending hugs across the miles and wishing you the very best.

3. Posted July 22, 2015 at 8:13 PM | Permalink

We are here for you. Just reach out and we will jump in and help anyway we can. Lovely little house!!! Glad you are settling in well…. Xoxo hugs!!!

4. Melissa Thornhill
    Posted July 22, 2015 at 11:00 PM | Permalink

Sylvia, I am so happy to hear you have landed in Charleston with Mathew, Lee and Hays! What a beautiful baby boy he is! Sending much love to you! Melissa

5. Dina
    Posted July 23, 2015 at 3:56 AM | Permalink

So glad you are keeping us posted. Sorry to hear about your divorce, but hope you had some good years. Can’t wait to hear about your new life

Stay in touch
    Your old neighbor
    Dina

• Posted July 11, 2016 at 8:28 PM | Permalink

Home run! Great slungigg with that answer!

• Posted September 10, 2016 at 6:08 PM | Permalink

سلام من الان می خوام یه سرور بسازم با dsut که تو سایت ۴d1 هست، وقتی می سازم می گه server will be internet listed که درسته، ولی تو بازی تو قسمت servers نمیاد. port های ۲۷۰۱۵ تا ۲۷۰۵۰ و1000 ۸۷۶۶ رو هم forward کردم. می شه یه کمکی بکنید؟ مرسی

• Posted November 4, 2016 at 10:47 PM | Permalink

Feliz año, de verdad, Bea. Me ha encantado conocerte, por fin, en 2012, aunque ya cotilleaba por aquí antes. A ver si hago esa escapadita a tu tierra en 2013 y nos vemos en persona.Un besazo, niña.

• Posted November 6, 2016 at 4:58 PM | Permalink

For et aldeles nydelig bilde! Blir glad av Ã¥ se pÃ¥ det. Vakkert lys og nydelig vannspeil! Lyset som avspeiler seg i bÃ¥tene og pÃ¥ veggen….dette var fint!

• Posted November 14, 2016 at 1:03 PM | Permalink

Et puis d'abord, pourquoi pas du jaune pour Noël, c'est comme un p'tit rayon de soleil qui réchauffe les coeurs !Très belle carte, bravo !

• Posted April 24, 2017 at 10:44 AM | Permalink

I would put in an extra Desendant then. This way you are able to get one of them early. He is a big piece of the deck. Some games I don’t get my 1 Pot. So wining all depends on how you play the deck. I actually have changed it up a bit. I’m going to post it up soon.

6. Posted July 23, 2015 at 5:45 AM | Permalink

I know it’s been hard, but I hope you are finding the peace and happiness you deserve. I think of you often, especially the couple times I’ve found myself at B&N this summer. Love you and miss you. ❤️Jen

7. Strat
    Posted July 26, 2015 at 5:28 PM | Permalink

Oh, Sylvia! Those are some huge changes, but I’m thinking you’ll be the stronger – and the happier – for it. We all deserve happiness and I found mine later in life, too. You’re surrounded by people you love and who love you – what could be better than that? I’ve never been to Charleston, but Damon swears it’s a little jewelbox tucked in the U.S. Enjoy! And hope we can all connect again soon. Love coming your way.

8. Alex
    Posted July 29, 2015 at 7:53 AM | Permalink

Lots of change! Interesting I should again land at your blog just when you’ve made an update. Congrats on your beautiful smiling grandson, your new home and charming city.
    Your resilience is inspiring.
    Alexine (owner of your “juicy houses” mixed-media art)

9. Lisa Ronald
    Posted August 10, 2015 at 5:09 AM | Permalink

Sylvia, I was so glad to stumble across this! The kids and I stopped by your house several times in the past couple of years, but missed you each time. Transitions are tough, but you will make it through. I am so glad you have your sweet grandson and his family to help you through. We wish you the best and have missed you terribly! You will always be one of my favorite neighbors from our time on Big Bend!